Updating MinecraftEdu can be done manually by downloading the installer from MinecraftEdu Members area or updating through the MinecraftEdu Launcher's Updates button.
NOTE: Remember to take backup of your worlds or even the whole minecraftedu folder before updating!
If you are using mods, make sure your mods are compatible with the new MinecraftEdu version.
Remember to update all computers that you are using to the same version!
- Go to MinecraftEdu Members area and log in with your MinecraftEdu account.
- Download the installer. The installer in the Members Area is usually the latest stable version of MinecraftEdu.
- Run the downloaded installer and follow the instructions. When the installer asks for the install location choose it to be the same where you already have MinecraftEdu installed.
- The installer says that you already have MinecraftEdu installed in that location and do you want to take backup. It is recommended that you take a backup during the installation process.
- After this the updater should do the updating. The updater will update the server launcher automatically if you had it previously installed.
Updating with The MinecraftEdu Launcher
- Open the MinecraftEdu Launcher and press Updates.
- Choose the version you want to update to.
- Type in your MinecraftEdu email and password.
- Press Update.
- The Launcher will download the installer and run it automatically.
- Follow the instructions of the installer.
If you have a lot of computers that you need to update it might be really slow to update them all one by one. You can go through the update process on one machine and then distribute the updated installation to other computers.